Sunday 31 August 2014

A Year with the 6D.

In June last year I replaced my Canon 40D with a 6D and have seen my photos change dramatically. This change started with a trip to North Berwick to capture this sunset.


 
Once I understood the differences between the 40d and 6d I was off to Somerset for a holiday in August. I was based close to Lynmouth and was able to visit several amazing places.


Lynmouth


The Valley of Rocks





Porlock Weir

Watersmeet

When I returned home I booked a studio session with the amazing Zara Watson and was blown away with the detail available in the photos. I'm sure you'll agree with the results.









Following the studio session I spent the next couple of months taking different photos and not all of them worked out, but on New Years Day I took this photo of Victoria Street in Edinburgh I struck gold.



Throughout January and February I chased the aurora and on the 27th of February I was rewarded. BIG TIME!









In between my aurora hunts I found myself returning to Belhaven Bay and The Bridge to Nowhere


In the spring I was asked to provide a photo of my cousins son for an article on his fencing. This was the chosen shot.


Living in Edinburgh I had become very relaxed to the photo opportunities. However, I decided to make some trips to Newhaven harbour to capture sunsets.




Throughout spring I visited some amazing places like:

Rosslyn Chapel

Fintray Loup



Glasgow Science Centre

The Forth Bridges.



In Fife there is a zigzag shaped pier that is amazing for photos, but on a trip over to get a sunset shot the town of St Monans was the source of inspiration.



At the beginning of August I moved to Inverurie which is 16 miles north west of Aberdeen and then drove 600 miles to Devon for a holiday. I was based just west of Bideford and didn't get a many photos as I'd have liked. the photos I did capture were some of my best.

These sunset shots were taken from the rear of the holiday cottage.





The other location I visited was Hartland Point. This place feels like the edge of the world and when it is receiving the left over wind from a hurricane it truly is a sight to behold.






Since returning to Inverurie I have been out twice to get photos. One was a trip to Bow fiddle Rock to experiment with my 10 stop filter and a high tide.


My second trip was out to capture the local hill Bennachie at sunset.




So, I've had the camera for over a year and I am looking forward to the autumn and winter photographic opportunities in the north east.

Thanks for reading.

Jamie







No comments:

Post a Comment