Wednesday 11 March 2015

Aberdeenshire and an Apology

In 2011 I had a weeks holiday in a little village called Clatt in rural Aberdeenshire and I was exceptionally dismissive of the area as I got limited photos in the area.


I did manage to take this shot of Tap O'Noth at sunset and some photos of Bow Fiddle Rock along with a poor photo of Pennan. Needless to say I wrote the area off with the exception being Dunottar Castle.

Fast forward to July 2014 and the realisation I am moving to Aberdeenshire due to the other half being offered a job in Aberdeen. I did wonder what I was going to shoot up here.

Anyway, After we moved up and then drove all the way down to Devon for a holiday I set about exploring.


The first trip was back to Bow Fiddle Rock (which I think is actually in Moray but I'm not sure) and then I had my lucky shot heading back from Edinburgh whilst driving through Deeside.


After this I really started to look around and see what the area has to offer photographically.

Trips up to the Ythan Estuary yielded  some interesting results and subsequent trips to near Braemar and Rattray Head showed me the some of the gems of Aberdeenshire.








 After Christmas I discovered another brilliant quality about Aberdeenshire, you can see the stars in amazing detail. Coupled with the local hill Bennachie and the many stone circles near by I developed a slight addiction to shooting the Milky Way and freezing my ass off. Luckily I have had a friend who is starting his photographic Journey to keep me company.












Anyway, I'd like to apologise to Aberdeenshire as it has given me some of my most popular shots, introduced me to retailers who are wanting to stock my work and given me hidden gems like Burn O'Vat just outside Dinnet.


Aberdeenshire has many wonderful places to take photos and I haven't even tried shooting at the popular places yet. I suppose I will, but in the mean time I am enjoying finding the little out the way places and capturing them.



Thanks for reading and I am hoping to have some good shots from My first trip to Skye in 3 years at the beginning of April.

Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment