Tuesday 3 April 2012

Post Number One

Well You have found my first post on this blog.  Thank you for taking the time to read this.

So where do I start?

Well as you can see I am Jamie Stoddart and I am a photographer from Edinburgh, Scotland.

What kind of photos do I take I hear you ask?

In 2008 I started off with the aim of becoming a well known landscape photographer, however by luck / accident I have also taken photos at weddings, sports events (track days, rallies like The Jim Clark Rally), pets and somehow I have found myself shooting models too.

Photography is one of those things that I enjoy and it is effortless.  This does not mean all my photos rival Colin Prior, Joe Cornish, Guy Edwardes, Adam Burton etc, but more that when I have my camera it is easy (most of the time) to find something I want to shoot.

I should also point out that when I do not have the camera I normally see 1000 scenes, animals or moments that I wish I could stop and shoot.

I've rambled enough and feel I should reward you with a couple of my landscape photos


The photo above was taken at Elgol on The Isle of Skye looking towards The Cuillins at the end of February this year.  I had chosen to go up when it was raining constantly (Yep, I have all the luck), however I was in Broadford and the sun came out.  I thought that if it was out there it would be out in Elgol.  School boy error number one, it was still raining when I arrived.  My luck then changed and the rain stopped allowing me to get this and three other photos which I am proud of.

.
In contrast to the landscape shot, this photo is of the AMAZING Dee La Beau who I had the honour of shooting with last weekend at Melville Castle (owned by a friend's family).  This was my first shoot without the safety net of another more experienced photographer to guide me.  As part of the shoot I shot Dee in a stunning dress designed by Catalyst Latex who then wanted several of my photos for their site.  RESULT!!!

At this point I must say I still have no idea how I have got in to shooting with models, but I  am enjoying the learning experience and hope to develop this along with my landscape photography

Oops, still rambling.  Ok, that's it I'm off to check twitter and facebook.



No comments:

Post a Comment